If you’ve been through a breakup recently and you’re wondering if your ex still has feelings for you, here is a quiz that should help you put things in perspective. Answer as honestly and accurately as possible and you should be able to tell whether there is still something there or not.
1. About the breakup – who broke it off?
b) It was mutual
c) They did
2. Does your ex still phone you just to talk?
3. When you see your ex in public, do they
a) Greet you with a smile and genuine warmth?
b) Acknowledge your presence, but that’s about it (a quick hello or a nod – neutral mood)?
c) Greet you with hostility and sarcasm, or simply try to avoid you?
4. Do you find your ex turning up at the same social events as you?
a) Yes, it is quite noticeable
b) The odd time
c) My ex never turns up where I am
5. Do you find that you are “accidentally” bumping into your ex in public?
6. If you do meet up as friends, do they flirt with you (touching, sensual eye contact, or romantic suggestions)?
a) It is very noticeable
b) Maybe, but it is very low-key
c) Definitely not. And they go out of their way to make sure I understand this
7. Do you catch your ex staring at you in public?
8. Do they still keep in contact with your family?
a) Very much so
c) No contact at all
9. Is your ex still a part of your core group of friends?
b) Yes, but they are gradually distancing themselves
c) Not a part of your group at all
10. If your ex is in a crisis, do they contact you to talk about it?
a) Yes, I am their shoulder
b) Occasionally, but I’m not top of the list
c) Never. In fact, I usually hear about it from other people
11. If your ex finds out you are in a crisis, do they automatically phone to console you?
a) Yes, I can count on their support
c) They would never call
12. Is your ex asking about you through common friends?
a) Yes, I hear about it frequently
b) In the beginning, yes – but not so much anymore
13. Did your ex start seeing someone soon after the split
b) After a while
14. If they are seeing someone else, do they flaunt their new relationship in your face?
b) At times
c) They go out of their way to make sure I see them with their new partner
a = 3 points
b = 2 Points
c = 1 Point
If you scored 14 - 22 points - It’s probably best to move on. It doesn’t look as though your ex is interested, and they are making sure you get that message loud and clear.
If you scored 23-32 points - There is likely some attraction there, but your ex may be unsure. They don’t want to jump right back into a relationship, yet they still, obviously, carry a torch for you. You can change things to your favor, but you need to take it slow.
If you scored 33 - 42 points - Your ex is still very attached to you and they want to make sure you know about it. Getting back together should be fairly easy as long as you don’t move too fast.